Facts on the dangers of processed foods:
– We only burn half as many calories digesting & metabolizing processed foods compared to natural whole foods.
– For many people, junk foods can hijack the biochemistry of the brain, leading to addiction & causes them to lose control over their consumption.
– The carbohydrates you find in processed foods are usually refined, “simple” carbohydrates, which lead to rapid spikes in blood sugar & insulin levels & cause damaging health effects.
– There are many nutrients found in whole foods that are NOT found in processed foods. The more processed foods you eat, the less you will get of the vital nutrients you need.
– Soluble, fermentable fiber has various important health benefits, but most processed foods are very low in fiber because it is lost or intentionally removed during processing.
– High in Sugar & High Fructose Corn Syrup which can have serious adverse effects on metabolism when consumed in excess.
– Food manufacturers spend massive amounts of resources on making their foods as “rewarding” as possible to the brain, literally brainwashes the mind & can lead to overconsumption.
– Most highly processed foods are loaded with artificial chemicals, including flavorants, texturants, colorants & preservatives.
– High in Trans Fats or Processed Vegetable Oils- Hydrogenated (trans) fats are among the nastiest, unhealthiest substances you can put into your body! The best way to avoid seed oils & trans fats is to avoid processed foods. Eat real fats like butter, coconut oil & olive oil instead.